ROCK THE GENDER is a Learning Mobility Project that took place in Madrid City from
17/02/2020 to 23/02/2020 and it is been organized by Euroactiva-T Association. This project joined 21 people from Bulgaria, Estonia, Greece, Italy, Poland, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, and Tunisia.
This is a project pretend to raise awareness among young people about the importance of fighting for gender equality between men and women. It is simply a matter of justice and of respect for human rights, dignity and freedom of each person.
The overall aim and specific objectives of the project:
- Promote in the participants an approach based on gender equality, as an opportunity to contribute to an inclusive society.
- Acquisition of tools and techniques to tackle the gender issues when working with youth.
- Promote the Erasmus + program and the learning mobility opportunities to fight against gender inequalities.
- Create an atmosphere of good coexistence between people who represent different cultures.
- Promote the empowerment of young people through non-formal education.
Main contents and activities of the project:
- Working in small groups to share experiences and different perspectives.
- Presentation of countries realities and the international panorama and protection system to acknowledge participants on what needs to be done and what tools are already existing.
- Brainstorming on specific terminology related to gender to raise awareness on specific issues and bring examples.
- Workshops creation.
- Quality projects planning.
Among the results of the project are the following:
- Foster the critical capacity of everyday realities that enclose discrimination through non formal education.
- The creation of spaces for the exchange of experiences/ideas of projects and to motivate participants to become disseminators of the multiplier results of the project topic.